LA HIPNOSIS FATAL DEL NAZISMO SOBRE EL EJERCITO ALEMAN

La Unión Soviética y aliados vs Alemania y sus aliados

Moderador: Tirador

Responder
VISCAROLASAGA

LA HIPNOSIS FATAL DEL NAZISMO SOBRE EL EJERCITO ALEMAN

Mensaje por VISCAROLASAGA »

Esto es loque afirmaba Jodl, un militar de carrera , en el verano de 1943, creo que puede ser útil para entender la situación el ejército alemán en momentos aún alejados del dramático final:
III. The grounds for our confidence in Final Victory

When at the end of my considerations I come to sum up the general situation in a few words I am bound to describe it quite candidly as difficult, moreover I cannot gloss over the fact that I expect further severe crises. My own attitude towards these prospects I should like to characterize directly by the aphorism from Fontaine:
Great times are always just those when everything seems to be going wrong, when every moment brings the fear: now its all done for. That's when it shows. Courage is good but sticking it out is better. Sticking it out, that's the main thing.
In particular however our confidence is built up on a series of points of view to be set forth objectively. At the head comes the ethical and moral foundation of our struggle which leaves its mark upon the general attitude of the German people and makes our Armed Forces a definitely reliable instrument in the hands of its Command. The force of the revolutionary idea has not only made possible a series of unprecedented successes, it also enables our brave troops to achieve feats in defense and in retreat according to plan such perhaps as the Russians but certainly no other people could achieve and which drive off into the realm of Utopia any hope on the part of our opponents for a military breakdown.

As against this the moral, political and military tendencies of our opponents by no means form a closed uniformly directed whole. This shows most clearly in the fighting morale of the English and Americans whose successes in Africa, Sicily, and Italy are solely ascribable to the weakness and treachery of our Italian ally. Where they have met German forces in battle, they have shown themselves inferior throughout and gained the advantage only as a result of multiple numerical advantage. This shows particularly clearly from the point of view of their conduct of the war, for according to our ideas it is totally incomprehensible that the Anglo-Americans should have avoided forming the Second Front in the West which their Russian allies have been demanding for over 2 years, and they have by no means extracted from their opportunities in Mediterranean that which according to the true state of affairs and by German standards of activity they might have extracted.
Well, whatever comes, any further attack by our opponents whether in the North or West, in Italy or in the Balkans -- will place their readiness for action to a hard test. We ourselves could tell a tale from the struggle in North Africa what supply difficulties can mean and the sacrifices they may entail. And reports of the most various kinds from the camps of our opponents all point in the same direction, showing how difficult the reversion of these conditions is already being found by the enemy.
My most profound confidence is however based upon the fact that at the head of Germany there stands a man who by his entire development, his desires, and striving can only have been destined by fate to lead our people into a brighter future. In defiance of all views to the contrary I must here testify that he is the soul not only of the political but also of the military conduct of the war and that the force of his willpower and the creative riches of his thought animate and hold together the whole of the German Armed Forces, with respect to strategy, organization and munitions of war. Similarly the unity of political and military command which is so important is personified by him in a way such as has never been known since the days of Frederick the Great.
That no command is free of errors has often been said by the Fuehrer himself, moreover the history of war -- to use an aphorism of Schlieffen's -- consists in general only of a series of errors and every war situation, naturally, can only be the product of errors.
What matters ultimately is constant readiness to act, the determination never to let oneself be beaten and always to stick to the enemy. That it is so now, I am able to assure you from the bottom of my heart.
Further, as regards the part played by his collaborators, once again, as before, a quotation from Clausewitz which is not very generally known has been found true:
"The most perfect General Staff with the most correct views and principles does not in itself represent perfect leadership of an Army, if the soul of a great General is missing."
It behooves us all therefore to crush down within ourselves all faintheartedness and by so doing to create within ourselves the foundations of that confidence out of which alone victory can grow. After all, the other fellow is just a bit more frightened still, and a war is only lost when it is given up.
How this war will end, that no man can foretell. What imponderables it may yet bring with it, how many hopes may be disappointed, and how many troubles may turn to the contrary, lies hidden in the darkness of the future. All that is sure is that we shall never cease to fight for through the history of the world there run, like an bronze law, progress and advance upward. In these Europe has led, and at the head of Europe-Germany. A Europe under the whip of American Jews or Bolshevik commissars is unthinkable.
At this hour I would wish to testify not with the lips but from my deepest heart, that our trust and faith in the Fuehrer is boundless.
that for us there is no higher law and no more holy duty than to fight to the last breath for the freedom of our people that we will throw off all who are soft and forget their duties.
that all the threats of our opponents only make us harder and more resolute. that we do not cherish any false hopes that anyone else might save us from that Bolshevism which will sweep away all should Germany fall. that we ourselves will defend the ruins of our country to the last cartridge since it is a thousand times better to live among them than in servitude. that we shall win because we must win since otherwise world history would have lost all meaning.

Responder

Volver a “Frente del Este y Centroeuropeo”